Surely during the course of our life and training in the Eastern and Zen world, you will have heard many people talk about the 7 chakras and their vital importance. The chakras are the energy centers of the body, through which the life force flows. It is essential that they are in perfect balance, only then can we feel good and at ease with our body, mind and environment in addition to being in tune with the Universe. Taking care of our chakras is extremely important for our lives.
There are a total of 7 chakras, and all of them are found in a specific region of our body. Furthermore, each one is linked to some vital aspect. They relate to a color and there is a specific mantra that can help activate it. Starting from the base of the spine and going to the crown of the head, we have:
- Muladhara root chakra, which is the ground wire and is located at the base of the spine.
- Svadhisthana sacral chakra, linked to sexuality, is located in the lower abdomen.
- Manipura solar plexus chakra, responsible for the mental body, is located above the navel.
- Heart chakra Anahata, is associated with love for others and is located in the center of the chest.
- Vishuddha throat chakra, which has to do with achieving goals and is located in the throat.
- Ajna third eye chakra, which connects us with the world of thought and is located between the eyebrows.
- Crown Chakra Sahasrara, is related to the spiritual and knowledge and we find it in the crown of the head.
When any of these energy centers are blocked we lose our inner balance, which is why it is extremely important to do exercises to let the energy flow through them and find well-being.